Event: D-Day 75th Anniversary Gala
Date: June 1, 2019
Location: Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum
Time: Doors open at 6 pm
Admission: Individual ticket $200. Table of 10 $2,000.
NOTE: A charitable donation receipt will be issued for the donation portion to only the individual purchasing the tickets.
A discount may be available for current serving military members and veterans. For details, please contact Emily Millar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-679-4183 ext 253 with the name of your unit and rank.
D-Day 75th Anniversary - on June 6, 1944, Allied troops consisting of Canadian, British, and American forces made history as soldiers landed on five beaches along 80 kilometres of the heavily fortified coast of France's Normandy Region. Of the nearly 150,00 Allied troops, 14,000 were Canadians. On D-Day, Canadians suffered 1,074 casualties including 359 who were killed.
The memory lives on! Join us in reflecting on one of the most pivotal battles of all time at our 75th Anniversary D-Day Gala - a momentous occasion to celebrate peace, liberty and reconciliation.
Featuring The World Famous Glenn Miller Orchestra - the most popular and sought after big band in the world today for both concert and swing dance engagements. With its unique jazz sound, the Glenn Miller Orchestra is considered to be one of the greatest bands of all time. The present Glenn Miller Orchestra was formed in 1956 and has been touring consistently since, playing an average of 300 live dates a year all around the world.
Dress is formal – Mess Kit, Black Tie or Business Suit.
• Artisan bread rolls, and freshly sliced baguette with Whipped Butter Balls
• Summer Fresh Italian Salad: Spring mix, arugula, fennel, apple, shaved Gouda dressed with herbed vinaigrette
• Penne A La Vodka: Spinach, Parmesan cheese, fresh basil in a rose sauce)
• AAA New York Sirloin Steak Accompanied with Seasonal vegetables, mushrooms and roasted garlic mashed potatoes
• French Service Chicken Supreme with apple and maple glaze - to be served as a seconds to the beef course
• New York Style cheesecake with berry coulis, strawberry and mint
• Vegetarian Entrée Option- Portobello Mushroom with grilled vegetables and a roasted red pepper sauce