North American Mustang P-51D #9255/BA-U was first delivered to the USAAF in 1945 as 44-74602 c/n 122-41142 and
served with training units until December 6, 1950. The aircraft arrived at the RCAF 424th
(Auxiliary) Squadron (City of Hamilton) based at Mount Hope, Hamilton, Ontario and flew with RCAF
squadrons WWII within the RAF. After the war, Canada received 100 Mustangs that stayed in service until 1956. P-51 BA-U was sold to its first U.S. civilian and on December 30, 1958 was registered as N6318T.