P-51D Mustang 464076 c/n 122-31802 was built in the North American Aviation Inglewood plant.
The aircraft was assigned to Lt. Jacques E. Young who named the Mustang “Jumpin’ Jacques”.
During 1945 Lt. Young was with the 5th Air Force, 5th Fighter Command, 3rd Air Commando
Group, 3rd Fighter Squadron that was based in Leyte, Philippines in November 1944. In January
1945 they moved to Mindoro, Philippines and then on to Luzon, Clark Field, Philippines in April
1945. The Allies pushed toward Japan’s mainland and Jumpin’ Jacques’ group moved to
Okinawa in July 1945.