The 107th Aero Squadron was organized on August 27, 1917 and moved to France in January
1918 and re-designated the 801st Aero Squadron. In 1936 they consolidated with the 107th OS
that had been activated as a Michigan National Guard unit in May 1926. Over the years the
squadron was inactivated and re-designated several times and on March 15, 1992 finally became
the 107th FS / 127th FW. On August 3, 2017 A-10C 81-0994 was revealed wearing a special
paint scheme commemorating the 100th Anniversary of the 107th Squadron “Red Devils”.