A Canadian Warplane Heritage classic! The Westland Lysander is one of the latest restorations in our growing, flying collection. The Museum's Lysander was built at Malton, Ontario in June 1942 and served with No. 8 Bombing & Gunnery School, Lethbridge, Alberta. It was retired from the RCAF in 1946 and then sold to a Prairie farmer. The airframe was donated to the Museum by Dennis Bradley and Alan Ness in 1975. In 1983, the “Friends of Canadian Warplane Heritage” started restoring it at Niagara Falls Airport, NY. The project was transferred back to Hamilton in October 1996 and the Lysander finally flew again for the first time in over sixty years in 2009. The aircraft displays the black and yellow stripes of a BCATP air gunnery target tug.