Fleet Requirements Unit (FRU), Royal Navy, circa 1960. Sea Hawk WN108, built in 1954 as an FB 3 variant. Entered service with No 897 Squadron Fleet Air Arm in February 1956 deployed aboard HMS Eagle. Then transferred to No 895 Squadron, deployed aboard HMS Bulwark. It took part in the Suez crisis Flying Combat Air Patrols (CAPS). Converted to FB 5 standard in 1957 and sent to No 806 Squadron. Sent to Fleetlands for repair after striking power lines on a low flying exercise. Convert for use by the Fleet Requirements Unit (FRU) based at Hurn. The FRU used Fleet Air Arm aircraft piloted by civilians as target aircraft to train Royal Navy radar operators. The unit’s duties were later expanded to include target towing. Painted in a gloss black scheme with the code 033. Joined the unit on June 1958 and served until August 1963. When it went to Shorts Admiralty Holding Unit Sydenham for Long Term Storage. Purchased by Shorts for use in their Apprentice Training School. In 1989 Shorts donated WN108 to the Ulster Aviation Society.